Leopard's Leap Culinaria Pinot Noir 2017
Origin: Culinaria Pinot Noir is a Wine of Origin Western Cape. The grapes originate from the Elgin area and Hemel-en-Aarde Valley.
Composition: 100% Pinot Noir. Vineyards: Elgin vineyards lie approximately twenty-seven kilometres inland from the sea, with prevailing south-easterly winds. Similar slopes close to the sea in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley promote slow ripening.
Wine-making: Grapes were hand-picked at 23,5 degrees Balling. Traditional wine-making methods were used, allowing minimal intervention. Malolactic fermentation took place in barrels, whereafter 30% of the wine was matured in first-fill 500-litre barrels, while the remaining 70% was matured in third-and fourth-fill 225-litre French oak barrels for a period of 18 - 20 months.
Analysis: Alcohol 13,5% Vol Residual sugar 2,4 g/l pH 3,49 Total acid 5,5 g/l
Character: Leopard's Leap Culinaria Pinot Noir is a delicate wine with an interesting combination of red and darker fruit nuances, made in a more classic style. Cherry in colour with subtle aromas of cranberry, hints of raspberry and cherry with delicate undertones of tobacco. Supple, medium-bodied, floral and elegant.